Daw'an Mud Brick Architecture Foundation
مؤسسة دوعن للعمارة الطينية
‘Aynat Mosque: Masjid al Faqih
Date: 2008-2011   |   Location: ‘Aynat- Wadi Hadramut
« back
‘Aynat Mosque
Al Faqih mosque in ‘Aynat was the earliest mosque built in the town, and attributed to the founder of the Hadrami ‘Alawi school al Muqaddam Muhammad bin ‘Ali Ba ‘Alawi (AH574-653/1178-9-1255AD) who was buried in Tarim. The building was renovated in the 1930s, and is characterised by classical design features of Hadrami mosque architecture that developed and flourished in the 20th century, in the neighbouring city of Wadi Hadramut, Tarim (in plan, courtyard, arcades with horseshoe arches, vaults, and slender minaret). The reinforcement works were completed in December 2009 by. Master Builder Karamah ‘Ubayd (d. 2011) was responsible for the second stage of works. This involved the renovation of the exterior and interior of the building, damp proofing, render and nurah plaster.
Copyright © Daw‘an Mud Brick Architecture Foundation 2012. All Rights reserved. Designed & Developed by Born Interactive